This weekend I had a DIY fail. I was anxious to start a project after so many months of little work getting done around this place. I rushed in to save my recipe box with spray paint blazing, but my poor little box was a casualty of the DIY war.
It started like this, a nice enough box, but not my style. I have no idea where I came into possession of this container. I have had it for years, and it has moved with me across state borders and from apartments to houses.
I have never been thrilled about the look of it, but it did not bother me enough to do anything about it. Inertia had set in.
When I was looking around my house for an easy project that would not require buying anything, my eye fell on this little guy sitting innocently in the kitchen minding his own business. I had just used him that morning when I needed a recipe he holds for me to make pancakes.
I carried him outside and set everything up. I used the wax paper so that the box would not get painted shut. The spray paint was left over from painting my kitty lamp, so I did not have to buy anything. Or at least that is what I though when I started.
After the second coat, I started thinking that I should have bought primer.
The third coat proved that I should have bought primer.
So, I failed to rescue Mr. Recipe Box from his country style. He is too countrified for a quick make-over. I should have headed out immediately to buy some primer and fix him up.
Unfortunately, I was too lazy, so he will just have to suffer a while longer. I hope he is not too embarrassed by his condition. It might be a while before I get around to doing anything to make him look any better. I hope your projects are going better than mine!